I suggest you ...

Have a utility to calculate how many ounces of water I should be drinking per day

It would be nice to calculate my water intake based on my weight and daily habits like excercise.

1,797 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DlordDlord shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stephen HolderStephen Holder commented  · 

There are many other enhancements that would be more useful than this. Don't believe there is a formula that can calculate precisely how much you should drink.

• BluejayBluejay commented  · 

Using HealthKit the app can get weight and gender. From your location it could get info from weather apps the get temperature and humidity.

Your should be able to use or ignore the recommendations.

Maybe tack on a +/-#, to select if you want be 10 (any number) ounces over or under the recommendation.

• Erica09Erica09 commented  · 

A feature like this could never be accurate. There are so many factors that go into the correct amount of water intake than just excerise or weight. There's gender, medication, just who you are. For me, I'm on bedrest, eat at a hundred calorie diet and weigh 100 lbs. yet I have to drink at minimum a 100 oz. a day, doctor's orders. This is due to the combination of my genetics, headaches, medical disorders and medications. Even in heathy people, there are things to consider and you can only get a direct calculation from a doctor.

• JenJen commented  · 

Be sure to include lactating mothers. Maybe make your calculations daily. So if you plan to be active you can account for it with an increased intake for that day.

• MissyMissy commented  · 

I've heard the1/2 body weight in oz, but never heard not to exceed 90 oz, I'm a bigger girl & I don't have a lot of output, should I be concerned?

• SharonSharon commented  · 

I agree, also need to have a variety of oz to pick from to reach goal

• DebbieDebbie commented  · 

I agree! One size doesn't fit all and drinking too much water can mess up your kidneys

• VicVic commented  · 

I've been drinking 1 gallon/day. Good results.

• SheilaSheila commented  · 

I heard that you should drink 1/2 your body weight in oz per day not to exceed 90 oz. Ex. 140 lb. = 70 oz. of water per day.

• KimKim commented  · 

I think this is a great idea! Right now my log tells me to drink 64 ounces a day but i dont know if that is accurate.

• Seán KielySeán Kiely commented  · 

I think this would be an excellent addition. Could it also take into account the current daily temperature/humidity, and the kind of daily activity - I presume these are a factor too?

• CaseyCasey commented  · 

Agreed. One size does not fit all!

• Heather Alison SmithHeather Alison Smith commented  · 

I think it is an easy calculation that is available in other apps like water for life. You could always add a disclaimer to ck with your dr

• ShawnShawn commented  · 

I think that type of information is best given to you by your healthcare professional. There are a number of factors besides your weight and activity levels that will dictate how much water you should be drinking.

Feedback and Knowledge Base